Halloween 2014

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

How was everyone's Halloween!?  Ours was fantastic and a few weeks worth of celebrating, just like I like a holiday to be!  
 We kicked it off with spending time with our nieces, Addie's cousins at Nana and Papa's.
 We carved pumpkins and roasted the seeds.
 I let them pick out a design online when I googled "simple jack-o-lantern designs" as I knew they would see an Anna or Elsa pumpkin and want me to carve it into their pumpkins.  Auntie is crafty but not that crafty. I promise you Ava was way more into it than it shows in the picture : )
Of course Papa snuggled his littlest granddaughter
 The next weekend (the weekend before Halloween) we met up with our buddy Sam for coffee.
 Then headed down to the Anoka Halloween Parade! Not sure if you are aware of this but Anoka is the Halloween capital of the world!  You can tell too, this town gets decked OUT for Halloween.  It was the best parade we have ever been too since everyone was all dressed up and tossing TONS of candy.


Addie was a champ and loved watching the parade.  
 The weather was absolutely perfect.  If by some miracle we have weather like that again for the parade, we will be going again!
 I loved this headless horseman

 I think Nana had an okay time.


 Halloween day we went to visit Papa who had shoulder surgery just two days before.  We picked him up and brought him to our house to pass out candy and see...
 Minne Mouse in all her glory! She didn't mind the costume but really hated that hat.  We passed out a lot of candy and the grandparents came to hang for a bit.  Aaron was out of town hunting ('tis the season right) so we went back to Nana and Papa's for a sleepover.
Minne was exhausted.  

I can't wait for next Halloween! My mom (Nana) has already asked if she can make Addie's Halloween costume next year.  I'm already thinking of ideas :) 

But we have tons of holidays before then!  Next up…Thanksgiving! 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs